Thursday, April 29, 2010

Thursday Training

Every Thursday evening is training at the Fire Hall, and this evening a few of my fellow St. Baldricks' Foundation hair donors were in attendance. Sal's hair above, with four colors, really takes the grand prize in my book . . .

Me, Sal and Todd rock our doos . . .
Roger IS a little devil. Too bad all this rainbow hair is going to end up on the floor of the Burma Road Chapel in less than 2 days!

I have new donors to thank - Fellow EMT/Fire Fighters Gary and Flor, I-Shan, Gabriel Lee, Susan (again??! really??! - I don't even know what to say . . . ) and Lauri & Scott - all superstars pitching in to help find a cure for childrens cancer. I've learned a lot through this fundraising effort, and I expect I'll blog about it after it is all done. I'm really looking forward to not asking folks for donations - it really isn't my style to ask for anything, but this is the very best of causes and Team Emery is going to keep pushing hard right up to the moment I sit in the barber's chair on Saturday. After that I promise to go back to pictures and reflections on life, but until then, you know the drill - my donor page is here, and I still need your help. You can rest assured I am putting my money where my mouth is - this is a great charity, and the Department of Public Safety is thrilled to be hosting this event for the first time ever on Unalaska island. Check out all the other participants here - there are even four women shaving their heads - and make a contribution to a great cause, if not "on my head" then on one of the others. The Fire Chief is shaving his head, my Pastor's wife is shaving her head, the Director of Public Safety is shaving his head, there are firefighters and police officers and fellow bloggers, all shaving the way towards finding a cure for childrens cancer.

I know I keep asking, and somehow every day there are new donors, so please keep it rolling, there is still plenty of time to pledge on-line or call your pledge in and be entered for that box of crab! Cheers and thank you, to all the donors and all the shavees - we are going to have a great event Saturday!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad you are receiving so many donations. I hope they continue and you meet your goal of $3000 +. Your a great host for raising money, your always giving to others and thinking of others. God Bless and I love ya.

Margrita said...

Love the colorful dos. I am glad for all the donations you are receiving. Good luck on Saturday.

bonnie said...

Thanks so much for doing this! We appreciate you and your fellow shavees more than you know! Glad you all are having fun with it!