It's that time of week again where I leave the negative behind and focus on the things that exceeded my expectations this week . . . . of course the very astute among you may observe the Friday Five is being actually posted on Sunday, which brings me to:
1. The level of my fatigue - definitely exceeded my expectations. I'm not sure this is a positive thing, but after uploading the photo for this post last night I was so close to bonking out right at the laptop I decided discretion was the better part of valor and I retreated to the bedroom where I spent a lovely 10 hours recouping from a tough week. Of course there is no real weekend out here during the season, but I felt a lot fresher this morning!
2. Vermont exceeded my expectations. I mean, maple syrup, aways a treat, but passing a meassure to arrest George Bush and Dick Cheney on sight - that's going above and beyond . . .
3. Dyson vacuums - Goldfish got a Dyson Animal for her birthday a couple weeks ago and the thing just kicks butt - German engineering meets dog hair, it makes our tired carpets look new. And free shipping to Unalaska? Priceless . . . . .
4. My movie pick for the week was Juno - both Goldfish and I enjoyed it immensely. It combined realism with hope, a delicate trick, and the acting was great.
5. And finally, my family. I've been rolling out some pretty big news this week as time allowed (it's tough to get in phone calls with long hours and time zone differences) and without exception, from coast to coast and points in between, they were all suportive and loving. I'm a very lucky guy . . . . .
THE FINAL BLOG - OK OK, I can take a hint. I always thought it would be my decision at some point to stop the blog. It turns out was somebody else’s choice. If I cannot pos...
1 week ago