Friday, August 31, 2007

Day Off - Sort Of . . . .

I went to work at 5:30 this morning as usual but found this was a cleaning day but a boat would be arriving soon - 9 AM, noon or 3 PM, depending on who you talked to on the matter. Normally I would punch in under the refrigeration department and work there but it was such a beautiful day . . . . I kept an eye on the harbor in case F/V Great Pacific showed up and caught up on chores, some reading and enrolled in college at the University of Alaska Southeast starting in January to finish my Bachelor of Liberal Arts degree. All in all, a productive day! The boat never did make it in until just now as I was returning from the galley with a big plate of prawns and scallops - too late for my shift.

Goldfish is going to a birthday party tonight so I think I'll do a hike and enjoy the day because September is right around the corner! Cheers everyone!

No comments: