Sunday, August 29, 2010

Vacation at Home

I've been on vacation this week, sort of a last minute decision that I needed a break.  With just a handful of days off since vacation last December, it was more than overdue, and I did a pretty good job relaxing, even in the face of endless chores staring me in the face.

Since I live in a valley, there are not sunrise and sunset in the traditional "glowing orb on the horizon" sense, but we do have some interesting skies at all times of day.  Here, you can see the fog still lingering in the pass, awaiting the full rays of the morning sun to burn it off.  The streetlight at the base of my driveway and the moon in the sky are both trying mightily to hold on to the night, both oddly appearing to be equally bright, but the sunrise over the mountains will eclipse them both in less than an hour . . . .

I did get a few chores done around the house but I also did a tremendous amount of goofing off.  Had such a great time, I'm thinking about working next week to get the end of month reporting done for Seattle and Japan then taking another week off, just to make sure . . . . 

8 comments:

Bren said...

I am so proud of you for relaxing! I know what a chore it can be for you. LOL Love and miss you! Do you have lots of blueberries this year?

Terria said...

Sometimes a vacation at home is the best kind. I hope you do take another vacation soon, we all need a break from our daily routine at times. The scenery in the cycle photo is magnificent! You're incredibly lucky to live in such a peaceful place.

Gigi said...

Glad you got to take a break--I know you work way too much!! Rich is also taking a "staycation" this week. Hopefully he can actually relax and not go by the hotel too much.

Bren said...

Well the card is not going to make it there, so a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Little brother. I hope the joy of life continues. Love and miss you

Lori said...

Good for you to take some time off - everyone needs a break now and then.

I missed your bd? Happy Belated!

A Guy In Switzerland said...

Birthday? Sorry I missed it Steve. Been thinking we should hang out more when I get back!

F73

Bloviating Zeppelin said...

"Stay"-cation time, just like me. Went nowhere for Labor Day; instead had folks over for a nice BBQ. I avoided the roads completely. It was actually rather nice.

Really like the photo of the KLR. I assume it's doing quite well and is nice and leak-proof?

BZ

Bloviating Zeppelin said...

And uh-oh -- did we miss a birthday??

Dare I ask?

BZ