Monday, April 5, 2010

Simple, Perfect Chili

The cooking for Goldfish project continues - this chili was the 7th recipe from the Pioneer Woman Cooks and we both agreed it was a favorite so far, right behind the chicken pot pie. The addition of 1/4 cup masa towards the end gave the chili a great South-Western flavor.

I added all the optional ingredients - pinto beans, kidney beans and diced tomatoes and chilies.

With all the ground blizzards we've been battling lately, this really hit the spot! Going easy on the cheese makes it a pretty healthy choice as well; I can't think of a single thing I'd change about this recipe, and it really is very simple to prepare. I mean, if the idiot that parked the snowblower "out of the weather" can make it . . . . .

1 comment:

Gigi said...

I love chili on a cold day! Looks de-lish!