Sunday, October 12, 2008

Leading Edge of the Nasty

I went for a long ride yesterday, out to Morris Cove then over the pass and home. It was sleeting and blowing pretty good through the pass so I got a free dermabrasion facelift on the way through . . .

I took the above photo just before Summer's Bay and you can see the Bering Sea was starting to be in a foul mood even yesterday, a mood which has turned into full blown ugly this evening. The crab fleet has known the blow was coming and not many are in a huge hurry to head out to the grounds; the ones that do will no doubt make for some interesting footage for the DC boys.

3 comments:

Bloviating Zeppelin said...

Steve: I just posted some photos taken during my vacation at Ft. Bragg. Much nicer weather, blue skies, but right at the edge of the ocean.

This is the first season I've yet followed your blog. Will you actually be posting photos and updates taking into account the coming winter weather??

BZ

Lori said...

Awesome Steve! Hope today is better for the island. Do you know of a good website that I could monitor for weather in Dutch?

Margrita said...

Love reading your blog, your pictures are wonderful thanks for sharing them.