Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Reflections

Whether in a city with glass skyscrapers and store fronts or an island with water every where it seems we always look for reflections, as if the world somehow gains something through duplication alone.

It seemed like a long work day today so after walking the dog at Little South America (where he ran beyond the point of exhaustion and had to be lifted into the back of the truck) I jumped on the bike and rode over the pass, light mist and all, to clear my head. All that time walking with the dog and riding the pass and I didn't see a soul once I left the plant either time, the fog deadening all the sound except the dry rasping call of foxes and the thumping rhythm of the motorcycle. My mind is centered and I'm ready for bed . . . . .

1 comment:

Jennifer McKenzie said...

I'm so glad you had some peaceful moments.
I love the sound in the fog.