Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Crazy Eagles

It is storming nicely outside so I have no fresh photos today; this one is from a few days ago. I made the decision to leave behind the hundreds (thousands?) of unposted island photos I have taken over the past 11 months and just post new ones from after I got back from vacation. It's going to take a bit to build up a little stash to post on the stormy days . . .

Anyways, we've had some interesting eagle encounters lately. On Memorial Day, Chico was standing on a cliff and got dive bombed and whacked in the back of the head by a eagle protecting it's nesting area. I actually had to look away, I was sure the eagle was going to startle/push Chico off the edge and I was going to have to carry him back to the truck and to the vet. The other odd eagle encouter was 5 or 6 eagles chasing an eagle carrying a fish. The eagle carrying the fish slammed into our picture window - there is still an eagle shaped impact on the glass. Crazy birds . . . .

2 comments:

Kym said...

I can feel the loneliness in this photo. I'm glad to see another one of your eagle pics. I always love them. My favorite is of the snow and shows the imprint of an eagle's wing. I wonder if the glass imprint is as striking?

Lothian said...

Gosh! I am surprised he didn't break your window.