Thursday, April 3, 2008

Sea Lions off Bunker Hill Beach



I had a great hike with Chico on Bunker Hill tonight - well, I was with Chico until a truckload of teenage girls picked him up, thinking he was lost, and brought him home to Goldfish after calling the number on his tags . . . what a traiter! Anyways, I hiked all over, following the cliff face, wondering where my dog had disappeared to, and I was rewarded with a group of 10 sea lions playing about 100 yards off shore. I had the perfect bird's eye view to watch them and even though the pictures are poor the memory is precious. You can just make them out in the top photo if you look closely and Mount Ballyhoo is on the right in the distance and Hog Island is on the left.

Sorry I've been absent this week, it has been a busy one - to all you regular readers, thanks for sticking with me! To all my family - you're stuck with me! Heheh It got up to 55 degrees today and the snow is melting fast, I think it makes the landscape more visually interesting. Cheers and good night . . .

3 comments:

Lothian said...

Aww, I want a sea lion!

Anonymous said...

I kind of like being stuck with you uncle steve. You are great

Kym said...

I know what you mean about the pictures and the memory. I have dozens of ant sized coyotes and deer photos. Why does a camera shrink them? I hate it.