Monday, April 21, 2008

Mourning Dove & Map Rock



The top photo is a mourning dove nesting on my sister's garage - it has no problem with the garage door going up and down just a couple feet away but it is very shy when it comes to being photographed, it took a couple days of being patient.  The other two pictures are of Map Rock along the Snake River.  It dates to pre-historic times and shows what are believed to be the best hunting spots along the Snake River and its tributaries.

Tomorrow we're heading towards Yellowstone, stopping at Crater of the Moon National Monument along the way.  Cheers, hope everyone is safe and happy - steve.

7 comments:

Kym said...

I have sat on rocks with Petroglyphs. They feel so connected to ancient times. I know they aren't any more ancient than the rocks next to them but . . .

Lothian said...

I love the mourning dove's call. My mother always hated it because she said it sounds so sad but I think it is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I missed seeing you Uncle Steve, It looks like you guys had a great time. Thanks for the post card.

Unknown said...

Thanks for coming to visit uncle Steve. I had lots of fun.

Bren said...

Well, the morning dove gave up and moved to the back door. Same ornament, different spot!

Love ya

Alaska Steve said...

That's persistence Sis - we could all learn from that - love and miss you, Little Bro

Alaska Steve said...

That's persistence Sis - we could all learn from that - love and miss you, Little Bro