Saturday, January 5, 2008

Noon Dogwalk

With our first delivery of cod today the season has officially started and I switched to my in-season work hours of 7 AM to 6 PM, seven days a week. My next day off will be sometime around the middle of April after our last delivery of opilio. Let the games begin!

There is only an hour of daylight after I get out of work now so it doesn't leave much time for photography until the days get a bit longer; walking the dog at noon might be my best window for taking pictures. Here, we are walking along Bayview in a snow squall yesterday - not much visability and very flat light. Cheers, Steve

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Chico lives a good life. :) What, if anything, do you do for his pads so that they don't chap and crack and peel? My poor dog won't be doing much walking this week..........

Lothian said...

Wow! You work way too hard. Take it easy on yourself. 7 days a week isn't worth it.

Alaska Steve said...

Chico does have a good life but he enriches ours beyond measure as well. He's a tough island dog and his feet seem to do well but he does take care of them - first thing after a walk he gets any ice balls cleaned off his pads.

The seven days a weeks really isn't too bad - I don't have a commute and eat in the company galley so I can still get quite a bit done after work. It goes by quick - it will be vacation time before I know it . . .