Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I learned a good lesson a few days ago when I took this crappy picture of the moon rising behind a raven perched on a cliff - sometimes it just better to watch what is going on instead of trying to capture it. The next night I purposely left my camera at home and I just looked around, watched the sea otter swimming along shore, watched Chico investigating and imagined the world through his eyes, watched dusk fall on the Bering Sea. I love taking pictures but once in awhile it's good to relax and let life happen - know what I mean? Because the raven and the moon never did line up just right . . . . . .

3 comments:

Kym said...

I know what you mean. On New Year's Eve I spent way too much time taking photos and not enough enjoying. But on the other hand, the camera helps me fight my natural tendency to read and work on the computer. Just the thought of capturing a bit of the beauty around me will abalone iron me out of my chair and off to participate a bit in the world.

Ishmael said...

Having be a professional photographer for 25 years, and an avid one in college and high school before that, I can say without hesitation that sometimes it's good to leave the camera home.

Well, maybe in the car, just in case something too good comes along.

Anonymous said...

Ah going for the ol' raven in the moon trick eh?