Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Chores Are Done


We've been busy getting chores done before the company gets here for Thanksgiving. Our friend Kristi flew in from Anchorage today and Zack flies in tommorow. I've got the Christmas lights around the windows, the place is spotless and all the grocery shopping is done. I just need to do some final checking on the truck and I'll be ready to bring Zack exploring all over the island - hopefully we can still make it through the pass in 4WD. I'm a little unclear on the full menu as so many people are cooking things - I know I'm cooking a couple of my famous salmonberry pies, making a cranberry mold and cooking some red king crab legs. I'm sure we'll have plenty of pictures to share - if I don't get a chance to blog tommorow evening, everyone have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bro
What a beautiful picture with the snow on the mountain in the background. I am glad that you will have friends and family together for Thanksgiving. We will be thinking of you in Maine.

Bren said...

Little Bro,

Give Zack a big hug from auntie. Wish we could all be together but I'm glad you will have family and friends. Love from the land of id.

Lothian said...

Have a safe and fantastic Thanksgiving Steve!

Richard & Penelope said...

I am glad that you are having a good group of people in for thanksgiving. We miss having you around here and will be thinking of you as we get together tomorrow. I still have not been able to get Bonnie to answer her phone so don't know the status of her tomorrow. Love Dad & Penny

Anonymous said...

Hey Steve! Red King Crab Legs for Thanksgiving sounds so yummy and exotic !!! One of the things I'm grateful for this year is to have found This Place. Seeing Alaska through your eyes has enriched my life.
Have a wonderful weekend!

Jennifer McKenzie said...

Happy Thanksgiving Steve. You don't know how thankful I am that you're sharing here. Salmonberry pies? Sounds awesome.

Unknown said...

mmm sounds yummy glad family is coming home for the holidays.

Anonymous said...

Yes! The salmon berry pie was delicious. As well as the rest of the spread. Kristi, Kelly and Keri did a wonderful job. I think we did a great job as well( at Excite Truck, hehe).