Sunday, October 28, 2007

Well . . .

That was a quick World Series, I'm sure my Dad is going to bed with a smile on his face. Goldfish just got home, she has been incredibly busy with all the crab deliveries - the captains all have to complete their paperwork with her before they leave the dock so she is on call 24 hours a day.

Me, I've been doing a bit of housework and looking for a good pizza crust recipie since my chances to cook my monthly dinner are running out for October. Only a few more days left in the 2007 pollock season . . . quota was left in the ocean for all the processors and next year will see a 10 to 15 percent reduction in the pollock quota which has an effect on the city budget which is largely funded from fish taxes. Luckily the increase in crab will partially off-set the shortfall.

10 comments:

Jennifer McKenzie said...

Do you have "The Joy Of Cooking"? There's some great pizza crust recipes in there.
Hope Goldfish gets to relax a little. Being on call like that can be exhausting.

Richard & Penelope said...

If I remember correctly there was a great little pizza shop in Agusta that put out the best pizza that I have ever eaten. Do you still have the recipe?
Love Dad

Anonymous said...

Trevor and I just made pizza on Friday and the crust was great. We had gotten a stoneware wedding gift and it had a pizza crust recipe for us to try. I hope your pizza turns out as tasty as ours. If you don't find a recipe in time, let me know and you can use ours.

love and miss you,
megan

Anonymous said...

Your eagles always look so relaxed! Do you think is the habitat?

Alaska Steve said...

Jen, we have over 30 cookbooks that I can see from my chair, probably more stashed away, but naturally I looked on-line first.

Dad, that was good pizza at the place Alan and I opened so long ago - don't have the recipie but it was close to Pizza Hut's.

Megan, love and miss you too, I'm combining a few recipies I found (one had maple syrup in place of the sugar for the yeast to work on - HAD to try that). It's amazing there can be so many recipies out there for crust, some completely diffrent!

Chris, I think the eagles are relaxed because they are well fed, they have no predators out here, and maybe they know how cool they are . . .

Unknown said...

Hi hope your pizza turns out good. Who is goldfish?

Anonymous said...

Steve, Ive found hundreds of cool pictures of Bald Eagles in our photo archives, but not ONE is as relaxed, content and laid-back and the ones you photograph!! Maybe you send them "cool" vibrations.
By the way, do you listen to The Eagles? They have a brand new CD out today. Let me know if you want the info link.

Alaska Steve said...

The Eagles have a new CD???? I hadn't heard that Cris - I love the Eagles . . .

Lucy, Goldfish is my partner in crime here on the island . . . love your blog btw . . .

Anonymous said...

Hi Steve! Here is the info link to The Eagles.
http://www.eaglesband.com.
If you find it difficult to get a hold of the CD where you are, I'll be happy to send it to you. Just let me know how.

Alaska Steve said...

Cris, I'll check it out - thanks!!