Sunday, July 15, 2007

World War II


There is an unbelievable amount of remnants from World War II here on the island - some people have bunkers facing the sea in their front yards. Some of the more interesting bunkers and remains are on Mount Ballyhoo and I took these pictures a few days ago when we were hiking around. I will need several more trips up there to explore the whole area as there are too many sites to visit in just one trip. There is also a World War II museum here that I haven't gotten a chance to visit - it's on the "list" of things to see and do!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha, I knew there were some sort of WWII remnants there. Judging by the bunker in one of your earlier blogs. I wasn't quite sure if battles had actually taken place until now. I was pretty sure though. I had heard of Ballyhoo before.