Saturday, July 14, 2007

Great Day In Unalaska


It's late so I'm going to keep this a brief post. After my 12 hour shift at work we stopped by the galley real quick to grab some grub (Saturday night is always steak night so I threw a nice one in a plastic bag along with a baked potato and some cucumber slices) and then we headed to the trailhead to Ugadaga Bay. It was a great hike, just 2.2 miles each way with a fair amount of elevation gain. This is a trail from ancient times that was used as a portage from one side of the island to the other. After our hike we hit the galley again (peanut butter cookies and milk for me and an English muffin with ham and cheese for Goldfish) then home. Lots of good pictures; I will post them soon! Gotta shower and head to bed, I have to get up in 6 hours . . . . . the pictures are of a trawler returning to port taken from Mount Ballyhoo a couple days ago. The boat is just passing a buoy that rings a bell as it rocks in the waves - when the wind is just right you can hear that buoy from our place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is quite a picture of that boat, you must have been a ways away. Awesome scenery.