Friday, September 4, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy . . .




Well, we are moved in and the phone, cable and utilities are all switched on. So many changes that I am still processing but Goldfish, Chico and I are very happy so far, even without much furniture (most of it is ordered and making its way slowly to Anchorage and then the island).

I attended a two week fire fighter recruit academy while we were packing and moving so tonight was the first night when I could pause and take a breath. I also had a birthday a couple days ago - Goldfish made an amazing peanut butter cake pictured above. Academy graduation also involved cake so needless to say my diet got a bit sidetracked . . . . .

Sorry for the absence but I'm back on-line and ready to get caught up with all my favorite blogs! Cheers and goodnight.

5 comments:

Gigi said...

Sounds like all is well! I think we passed on the S curves the other day--it took a second to register and then you were gone. Congrats on the academy and the bday...I cannot believe Facebook did not inform me that it was your bday. Hope it was great. See you Sunday at book picking?

Lauri said...

Glad you are back to blogging...I know you have been busy, GF attended Elaine's b-day party and filled us in on the happenings...Happy Birthday to you (late) and congrats again on the new home. We can't wait for the grand tour! Have a great weekend.

Cookie Dough said...

You have been busy! I pass your vehicle several times a day as we all run to and from "stuff" fall is definitely here...lots of obligations less hiking time :(

Cookie Dough said...

Also....HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!

Lori said...

Happy Belated Birthday Steve! I love peanut butter pie so peanut butter cake sounds wonderful! Congrats on completing the FFRA !