Thursday, April 2, 2009

Looking Back On March

March came in like a lamb and left like a lion.  Marked by storms, volcano eruptions, ice pack covering the opilio grounds, day after day of cancelled flights, March was a bit of a mental challenge at times.  On a positive note, I read a couple books, logged some mileage, and lost some weight.  I'm getting more comfortable packing the Pentax around when the weather cooperates but still take half my photos with a trusty point-and-shoot I can tuck in my pocket.

I just came in from walking Chico and the wind is absolutely blasting, a reminder that April may have a few tricks up its sleeve as well . . . .

5 comments:

Lori said...

Definitely has been one interesting weather month for you guys! Hopefully, April will be much better and you'll start to see signs of spring. Been very warm and humid here this week, but we're due for some rain today and maybe a "cold" front. I always get a kick out of the weather person indicating "cold" front. Yeah, right, not here - but at the least, we get a day or two of relief from the 100% humidity.

Have a great weekend!

Gigi said...

I'm looking forward to April adventures!! :) How was book club? I have been wanting to read The Worst Hard Time--what did you think of it? I picked up another of Per Petterson's, In the Wake, at Powell's Books but haven't started it yet.

...Fizz Wood.. said...

Glad you survived "Mad March" Steve, happy April!!!

Alaska Steve said...

Gigi, I really liked Worst Hard Time, I have a copy if you want to borrow it. I think April is going to be fabulous!

Gigi said...

Thanks, I might borrow it from you! You could borrow Petterson's from me when I am finished, too, if you like. Driving back to Seattle today--what are the odds of getting stuck there?!