Thursday, July 31, 2008

What A Difference A Day Makes!




Well, as you can see the clouds have lifted, I took all four photos today after work and the sky behind the eagle tells the story. I desperately wanted to take a motorcycle ride but couldn't decide where so I just rode for 2 hours, from Bunker Hill to Ballyhoo to Summers Bay and over the pass, it was just what I needed.

I was also excited to find out our beloved Berrimilla are still heading east over the Northwest passage; technical difficulties with my laptop were preventing me from being able to view updates on their blog until tonight. Kimbra, Corrie and Alex have a vitality and drive that was inspiring to be around; I hope our paths cross again sometime.

I'm off to bed, it has been a very full day - cheers everyone . . . .

6 comments:

Jennifer McKenzie said...

Stunning pictures, Steve!!!! Awesome!

SaraG said...

love your pictures, they are so beautiful!!
Take care

Bren said...

Awwww... I want to come back. It is beautiful.
Love ya

cary said...

Steve, are those installations leftover from the Thousand Mile War?

Just finished reading a book on that, and since I really enjoy history, your area is pretty interesting to me from that aspect also.

Besides the clean skies/water/landscape part of it.

Alaska Steve said...

Cary, this place is chock full of WWII history with old bunkers every where. The building I live in - on the end where I live - was bombed by the Japanese. You should come out here some summer and explore!

Lori said...

Awesome pictures Steve! 2nd one is my new desktop for the day.