Sunday, April 27, 2008

Enchanted Highway, North Dakota




We took a little detour on our way south to Colorado, heading down the Enchanted Highway. The 7 or 8 enormous metal sculptures scattered along the 30-odd miles of the highway were pretty amazing but the true show stoppers were all the pheasant along the road and in the corn fields. I tried countless times to get a decent photo of a male pheasant but whenever I slowed the vehicle they ran or flew away . . . . eventually I gave up in frustration and later got my revenge when I bought some pheasant meat jerky . . . . .

3 comments:

Lori said...

Too funny about the pheasants Steve! Been waiting with anticipation for some new pictures! Love the metal sculptures and can't wait to see more. Sounds like you're having a good (and interesting) time! Always an experience in those "cheapie" hotels. Hope you enjoyed and had enough time with your son (and his family, I'm assuming)! Happy Trails!! Lori

Lothian said...

Those sculptures are amazing! I would love to someday see them in person. Sounds like you had a wonderful trip. Welcome back to the blog.

Alaska Steve said...

Thanks guys - you'll be proud to know I've actually only missed one episode of DC so far this season! Cheers . . .