As you can see our little foot bridge over the Iliuliuk River is lit up for the holidays. The river is right across the street from my place and I walk the dog along the bank every night before bed.
I'm not going to make any elaborate lists of resolutions this year but I do have some ideas for the next year or two, some are new and some are goals that have been around for awhile but are still current. I've done a lot of really cool things in my life but I'm always stretching to accomplish more . . .
1. I (still) want to finish the sculpture that won't stop haunting me, "The Dichotomy of Man". Now I have the added challenge of getting a 130 pound piece of alabaster out to an island in the Bering Sea.
2. I want to get (much) better at finger style guitar and write some original songs. This will be a big stretch for me but I'm fascinated by the process.
3. I want to get scuba certified and dive some of the ship wrecks out here, maybe get re-certified as an EMT and join the volunteer rescue squad.
4. I want to take two great vacations this year - three weeks to fly and drive to Maine, visiting family along the way, and two weeks staying on the west coast, maybe driving 101 with Goldfish and taking time to smell the roses. I'll save a week to enjoy out here . . . I guess that makes three vacations, but I do work pretty hard!
5. I want to continue to hike around the island, taking pictures and blogging to stay in touch with everyone. I want to finish getting healthy. I want to fill our freezer with salmon and berries from the summer bounty so we can eat healthy all winter.
6. I want to continue to work on my soap making, as well as all my other projects. I've got some very cool ideas that I need to devote time to and finish up. Maybe get a table at the craft show next fall . . .
7. I want to start building a kayak in the basement. Everybody needs a monster project to work and focus on . . .
8. I want to work on my Spanish and Tagolag so I can communicate better with friends at work.
Okay, that's plenty . . . of course I want to read more, stay in better contact with my family, and be a better friend to my dog :o) I also want to keep Goldfish happy and encourage whatever hopes and dreams she has for the new year. What are some of everyone elses goals for 2008?
THE FINAL BLOG - OK OK, I can take a hint. I always thought it would be my decision at some point to stop the blog. It turns out was somebody else’s choice. If I cannot pos...
1 month ago