Monday, November 12, 2007

Light Dusting

Poor Western Dawn looks tiny next to a Rose boat - you lose the perspective and forget she delivers a quarter million pounds of pollock at a time. The Bering Rose delivers 800,000 pounds - she's a big girl. You can see we got a dusting of snow that coated the mountains all the way to the base.

I walked Chico at Summer's Bay tonight after work and just marveled that the beach was empty - like it always is - all this beauty and everyone is working too hard to enjoy it. Folks work long hours, collapse in front of the TV, go to bed, and do it all over again the next day. If I ever get to that point I know it will be time to leave here for othe horizons, but for now I can't imagine not being thrilled everytime I open my door or look out the window . . . . .

4 comments:

Jennifer McKenzie said...

Ooooo beautiful! Thanks for sharing it.

Anonymous said...

I - on the other hand - am thrilled every time you open your door, look out
the window, take a photo and post it !!!! Muito Obrigado ( that's thank you in portuguese ;p) )

Lothian said...

I AM one of those folks unfortunately. It is so nice to look at your pictures and be reminded of the beauty that awaits in this world.

Unknown said...

I am glad you don't have to work then calapse in bed. Glad you can enjoy life like me. Love ya.