Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Winter is Creeping Down

The temperature was a pretty balmy 46 degrees today but you can tell by the snow slowly creeping down that we'll have some at sea level eventually. I'm not complaining - it is super mild out here compared to the "Alaska" I'm used to, and there will only be maybe 3 months of snow on the ground compared to the 6 months in Anchorage and the Kenai Peninsula. I've got a few more hikes I want to get in before the snow gets serious and stays around so hopefully the Sox will wrap up the World Series quickly so I can turn the TV off until the Superbowl.

Last night it was early to bed; tonight Zack called and confirmed his vacation time was approved so we're flying him out to the island for 4 days at Thanksgiving - fun! It's the only family I'll see until next April after "A" season is over and Goldfish and I do our grand tour of the states, ending up in Maine before returning to Dutch. I took the photo right across the street from my place yesterday on my lunchtime walk.

Cheers . . .

6 comments:

Lothian said...

THAT is your view? I am so jealous!!

Anonymous said...

The way you framed this picture is perfect ! I am also green with envy. What an incredible sight!
Thanks.

Bren said...

Picture perfect painting,
I love it, bro
love ya

Jennifer McKenzie said...

That's beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

I would have to agree. That would be quite the scene for a painting. I can't wait to check it out. Oh and you will soon know that the Sox won!
Zack from the future

Alaska Steve said...

Zack, that will be more of less your view form the spare bedroom where you're going to be sleeping in a few weeks - can't wait to see you!