Monday, June 23, 2008

Sooooooooo Close! !




The morning was rough at work - hey, even when you work 7 days a week, Monday morning rules still apply, believe me. I was looking forward to a ride at noon and hadn't been up to check on the pass in awhile so I headed that way after a quick stop at the galley for come chicken.

I started out on the "town side" of the pass, and was excited to make it to the top - the pass looked open! For those who have not been in the pass, the top two photos are taken at the top, the first looking south towards Ugadaga Bay and the second looking north towards Summers Bay. You can see the weather was extraordinary today, perfect for a ride. As I started down the other side, pausing briefly to snap a photo of the bike by the snow to show the depth, I turned the corner and came across Jack from Public Works operating a loader and finishing the job - clearing the last two big berms between me and the Bering Sea.

I had a great talk with him - he's a fellow biker - and he promised me he'd have it cleared by tommorow afternoon. I went back to work with a smile on my face despite having to retrace my tracks - the pass is almost open!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Nice! Spring yet snow still on the ground. I could get use to that! What a beautiful day!