Friday, June 13, 2008

Berrimilla (Sorry about the poor photo!)

I felt the interesting story behind this 33 foot sailboat from Australia warranted posting the poor photo I hurridly snapped through my living room window in low light a couple nights ago - it turns out the folks on this vessel are sailing to England through the Northwest Passage, and they have a blog - you can follow their progress here. I'm going to ride around at lunch tommorow and see if I can locate where they are docked and take a better photo. It just goes to show, you never know what you'll see out the window out here . . . .

3 comments:

Carla said...

It's a better shot than anyone else has gotten! Apparently Alex likes to sneak in under cover of darkness. Good job "catching" him! Nice blog you have here.
- from a fellow "guster"

Anonymous said...

Alex's sister from the UK here! Really enjoyed reading your "Sense of Place" blog and also following links to old photos. I had no idea what kind of place Unalaska is - now I do. Thanks

Lothian said...

Thanks for yet another blog that is so interesting I am going to have to check it everyday! Grrr! ;)